Job Listings in Edmonton
Job Position: Commercial Account Manager - Small Business
Length of Position: Full Time
Closing Date: July 10, 2021
We are looking for a Commercial Account Manager who will leverage his or her interpersonal strengths and network to generate new business opportunities while managing a portfolio of existing clients. Your main objective: to have an impact on the success of entrepreneurs with sales up to $2M through our financing solutions and advisory services adapted to their needs. If you are looking for an organization that invests in your talent, this is your opportunity to join our committed and diverse team.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
In a typical week, you would:
• Meet with entrepreneurs, clients and prospects, and discuss the specifics of their business in order to identify the issues, provide them with advice and identify, if applicable, a BDC service offering appropriate to their needs;
• Execute your action plan, which is aligned with the Business Centre's objectives. This will allow you to ensure the growth and retention of current clients in your portfolio while acquiring new clients and creating a business opportunity pipeline;
• Analyze, negotiate and present financing proposals while exercising credit judgement;
• Be active in the local business community by networking within various associations and chambers of commerce in order to develop business relationships and obtain references that will facilitate new client acquisition.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
If you can answer YES to the following questions, you may be just the person we are looking for:
• Do you have a bachelor's degree in finance, commerce or business administration?
• You are passionate about entrepreneurship and have 1 to 3 years of experience in business development and have developed a network in the business community?
• Do your clients and business relations remember you because of the accuracy of your advice and your outstanding customer service?
• Do you demonstrate team spirit, structure and organization and establish effective and lasting relationships with your peers as well as with business contacts and external partners?
• Do you have excellent negotiation skills, are results-oriented and have concrete goal achievements to your credit?
We're a different kind of bank. We're go getters. Innovators. Growth engineers. If you want to join an organization that is one of the top 100 employers in Canada, apply today!
For certain geographic locations, a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle may be required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your CV to Careers@bdc.ca
Job Position: Analyst, Indexes
Length of Position: 15 Month Term
Closing Date: July 19, 2021
Are you interested in leveraging your business acumen by working as part of a high performing investment team? Are you excited to apply your critical thinking skills, roll up your sleeves and dig into new investment opportunities? Do you want to contribute to the financial security of hundreds of thousands of Albertans? If you have answered yes to all of these, the role of Analyst, Indexes could be your next career adventure.
Highly successful analysts share many of the same characteristics. They are team players who enjoy a high-performance culture, exhibit a positive and proactive attitude and display a strong desire to learn. They are also self-starting, intellectually curious, results focused with exceptional financial modelling, communication, analysis, and time management skills. They are relationship builders and are able to interact with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders. They support one another through challenges and enthusiastically celebrate team accomplishments. Often, they are in the process of enrolling into the CFA program or have already started.
Monitoring and reporting on the exposures and risks in the Public Equities' portfolios and in global capital markets
Assisting in the management of our portfolios
Assisting in report development
Conducting research on investment ideas
For more information and to apply, click on the link below: